[Sefer-torah-network-news] The Sefer Torah Network Newsletter, Vol. 1, Number 19

Moshe Burt mosheb at sefer-torah.com
Fri Apr 2 10:07:15 EST 2004

                              Sefer Torah Network News
                           Volume 1, Number 19

Shalom Friends;

Welcome to the 19th edition of the Sefer Torah Network News list..

I'm pleased to announce that the Hochnossis Sefer Torah party
celebrating placement in the Givat Nof Harim hilltop community of
Yishuv Eli  of the Sefer Torah transferred by the Goldstein family of
Queens, NY  took on the 24th of March at 8:15 PM.  Please view
the<http://www.sefer-torah.com/givatnofharim.html> website and read
this newletter for coverage of the event and to view pictures from
the small Transfer Ceremony which took place on Monday, 19 January,
2004 at the Plaza Hotel in Jerusalem as well as from my recent
Shabbos in Givat Nof Harim.   A full layout of pictures as well as a
multi-media report will be viewable from the website soon.

The Sefer Torah Recyclng Network expresses it's great appreciation to
the Goldstein family for their kindness in providing a Sefer Torah
for a needy location in EretzYisrael.

The community of Givat Nof Harim, east of Eli in the Shomron,
consists of 35 families and had been without a Sefer Torah for a
number of years.

The Sefer Torah Recycling Network continues to be active on various
fronts having received several very positive responses to the
publicity regarding the event in Yishuv Eli.   Raising the necessary
funds for two restorations of Sifrei Torah for Homesh and the kehilla
on Bat Ayin is presently THE central focus of
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>The Sefer Torah Recycling Network.  So
far, the project has thankfully received donations from many sponsors
but is still far short of the funds necessary to defray these
restoration costs. (approximately $ 7,500 still needs to be raised
for the restorations of both Sifrei Torah.)

In addition, recent publicity surrounding Israeli Government
pronouncements concerning possible dismantlements and relinquishments
of Gaza and certain Yishuvim inYehuda & Shomron make a compelling
case for full-court pressing for expeditious donations of both Sifrei
Torah and funding for restorations of Torahs for the needy,
endangered locations.
During Chol HaMo'ed, I will be participating in a Tiyul to Gaza and
will talk to residents while there.  More on this to follow in
subsequent newsletters.

Toward the bottom of this newsletter, please read the brief
descriptions of many more such locations throughout Israel currently
either without their own Sifrei Torah or lacking sufficient number of
Sifrei Torah.  This same information is available by clicking on
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/storah.html>"About The Sefer Torah
Recycling Network"  page of the website which will provide a history
of the project as well as details on the various needy organizations.

It is vital that The Sefer Torah Recycling Network  receive
seed-funding as well as ongoing cash donations and a constant influx
of Sifrei Torah.  For this reason,  we seek philanthropists,
philanthropic "Angels" who recognize the need for an ongoing clearing
house where Sifrei Torah can be donated or acquired, restorations
completed and placements of Sifrei Torah made in needy locations
throughout EretzYisrael.

In this way, The Sefer Torah project  will become an active, ongoing,
serious organization which solicits and receives donations of Sifrei
Torah, or acquires S'forim for cash for placement in needy locations
throughout Israel.  In the process, such donations will avail ongoing
employment to needy Sofrim to repair and restore posul Sifrei Torah
for placement in the growing number of needy locations in Israel
which request help in acquiring a Sefer Torah.  I hold that donating
a Sefer Torah, or donating the funds necessary in order for The Sefer
Torah Recycling Network to become an ongoing, serious organization
which places Sifrei Torah in many of the hundreds of needy locations
throughout EretzYisrael is to tangibly act to possess EretzYisrael as
your own.

There are other noteworthy developments to report in The Sefer Torah
Network News list  beyond the upcoming Hochnossis Sefer Torah Party.

Please note that The Sefer Torah Recycling Network has entered into
affilation with CDTorah.com which markets hundreds of Torah lectures
and shiurim on standard audio CDs.  Now you can help The Sefer Torah
Recycling Network with a click-thru from this newsletter, or from
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>The Sefer Torah Recycling Network website
to the <http://www.cdtorah.com/index.jsp?ref=32&a=0>CDTorah.com site
and order audio CD's of shiurim given by notables such as Rabbi
Yitzchok Berkowitz, Rabbi Akiva Tatz, Rabbi Paysach Krohn, Rabbi
Noach Isaac Oelbaum Rabbi Herschel Schachter, Rabbi Yaakov Horowitz
and more.

The Sefer Torah Recycling Network is still offering a number of
frameable Sefer Torah posters to all who donate $180 or more to the
project.

These Sefer Torah posters provide donors with incentive and yet
another opportunity  to impact on the heavenly scales by making needy
locations Mokomot Torah and promoting Torah study.  We are asking
people to help us raise the necessary funds for the restoration of
two Sifrei Torah slated for placement in needy locations here in
Israel.

A Sefer Torah poster makes a beautiful livingroom centerpiece
picture. The Sefer Torah poster has a brown Mantel on either side and
the 247 Amudim on a blue background.
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/torah1.htm>Click here to view a partial
scan of the poster.

While they last, those donating $180 or more will receive a full
Sefer Torah poster including all 247 Amudim.  Supply of these posters
is limited so, please make your donation NOW!!

Please note that the site has undergone some subtle alterations
designed to make the message to the viewer more focused and directed.
Both the
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/home>ArtScroll.com
and the <http://www.cdtorah.com/index.jsp?ref=32&a=0>CDTorah.com
sites, with their special directed links, are now placed in a more
prominent position on the front page and on other pages on the site.
An automatic, one-button method of subscription to this newsletter
has been added.

These special directed links, both on the site and in this
newsletter, enable you to help The Sefer Torah Recycling Network to
raise funds while purchasing
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/home>S'forim,
<http://www.cdtorah.com/index.jsp?ref=32&a=0>CDs and keeping up with
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/TAL>The Daf
Yomi.

Those wishing to subscribe after reading this edition of the
newsletter may do so either by clicking on the
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>website and placing their email address
on the email address line and clicking the submit button or by
following the subscription instructions at the end of this post.

I ask all of you to please help publicize The Sefer Torah Recycling
Network with your friends, associates, by posting a copy on the
bulletin board of your Shul, etc. thereby opening up further
possibility of donations of Sifrei Torah and/or funds. I am asking
that subscribers pass this edition of the Sefer Torah Network News
list  to their friends and relatives via email with an invitation to
subscribe themselves.  (subscription instructions are below.)
Please note that the embedded links may not show up as such on the
forwarded copy.  However, the URLs will show up next to the words of
the links.   Additional newsletter subscribers = more traffic to the
site = more financial donations, that potential Philanthropic "Angel"
and potential Sefer Torah donors.

Hopefully, with your help and IY'H additional publicity, the
exposure, subscribership and Donations of funds and Sifrei Torah will
grow in the weeks and months to come as a result of both initial and
ongoing efforts.

Chag Kosher V'Same'ach to all and continued wishes for enjoyable
reading of the Sefer Torah Network News list.

Best Regards,
Moshe Burt
Founder and Director

Items of Note in this Edition of theSefer Torah Network News .

-Shabbos in the Givat Nof Harim Community of Yishuv Eli
-Spotlight on three locations slated to receive Sifrei Torah
-Hachnasat Sefer Torah Givat Nof Harim: For Some Mitzvot, It Takes a Kahal .
-Inspiring Sefer Torah Stories from Around the World
-Locations in need of their own Sifrei Torah
-Up Close and Personal ;  Kehilla Beis Tefillah, Ramat Beit Shemesh

Please visit the
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/home>ArtScroll.com
Website and help support The Sefer Torah Recycling Network.   A
portion of all purchases from the ArtScroll.com website will support
the project's mission - only when you click on this
link:<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/home>
ArtScroll.com.

Sefer Torah Network News selections for this
newsletter; <http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/TAL>
The Schottenstein Edition
Talmud,<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/KPAH>
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/KAHS>The
Aryeh Kaplan Anthology Set / 2 Volume Slipcased Set, By Rabbi Aryeh
Kaplan  and
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/WAVL>Rabbi
Berel Wein's Pirkei Avos: Teachings for Our Times.

Please note that you can now place a
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/ASIN/DYT>Standing
Order of the Daf Yomi Size Schottenstein Edition of the Talmud and
receive every volume of the Daf Yomi Size Schottenstein Talmud as
they are Published and help support <http://www.sefer-torah.com>The
Sefer Torah Recycling Network at the same time.

                      Tehillim for Recovery from Illness

Please see that tehillim is said for the following individuals;

Moshe Shlomo ben Michal

Moshe Shlomo is a little over 1 year old.   There were complications
at birth which have resulted in slowness in coordination and motor
development.

Aliza Channa Devorah bat Malka.

Aliza is 12 years of age.  She is receiving Chemo-therapy treatments
for cancer in Hadassah Childrens hospital.   She had complained of
pain in her right shoulder.  Doctors found a tumor and she was
diagnosed a few months ago.  Please pray hard for her refuah
shleimah.  This request came to me from her grandparents who live in
the U.S.

Menucha Mendel Yehudit Rut bat Chaya Zelda;

A widow from London who became ill during a visit to EretzYisrael and
who is currently recovering from her illness in London.  Please pray
hard for her refuah shleimah.

And please Daven for Good Health for Yehonatan ben Malka (Jonathan
Pollard) and for his speedy release from American incarceration and
his return to his beloved homeland, Eretz Yisrael.
                <http://www.sefer-torah.com/givatnofharim.html>Shabbos
in the Givat Nof Harim Community of Yishuv Eli

                 When the page appears, arrow down to "Shabbat in
Givat Nof Harim."

            Sponsorship Donation Program
  Lifting Neshamot through Donations of Funds/Sifrei Torah

<http://www.sefer-torah.com>Flash:
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/torah1.htm>Special Incentive gift for
those Sponsors donating $180 or More*

Why not donate a paragraph, or a section or the reading from your Bar
Mitzvah, marriage, or some other family event.

Principals and Administrators of Religious Day Schools, Talmudei
Torah and Yeshiva High Schools; The
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/sponsorship.htm>Sponsorship Donation
Program to help restore Sifrei Torah for placement in needy locations
in Israel makes an excellent Chinuch and Tzedakah project for your
students and their families. Friends, please recommend it to
principals and adminstrators for inclusion in their educational
programs.

Please send me an email stating your level of sponsorship, and what
you seek to sponsor.  More information is also available on our
website.  Making a donation, whether a financial donation made
through the<http://www.sefer-torah.com/sponsorship.htm>Sponsorship
Donation program, or via the donation of a Sefer Torah, can cause the
elevation in Shemayim of the Neshama of the niftar loved one or close
friend.

Please keep this thought in mind as you consider a donation to The
Sefer Torah project .

Sponsorship Donors can make an Online donation via paypal.  Simply
copy the email address; <mosheb at sefer-torah.com>, then click on
the<https://www.paypal.com> paypal link,  and paste the copied email
address onto the "Recipient's email" field.

All donors participating in the Sponsorship donation program will
receive an attractive, frameable commemorative certificate in
recognition of their kind donation.

*The Sefer Torah Recycling Network has gained access to a limited
number of Sefer Torah posters. Those donating $180 or more will be
sent one of these posters which is frameable.  It makes a beautiful
livingroom centerpiece picture. The Sefer Torah pictured has a brown
Mantel on either side and the 247 Amudim on a blue background.
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/torah1.htm>Click here to view a partial
scan of the poster.

While they last, those donating $180 or more will receive a full
Sefer Torah poster including all 247 Amudim.

Check out the Updated Sefer Torah Recycling Network website and see
all of the new bells, whistles and features which provide you with
all necessary information about the project from lists of needy
locations to<http://www.sefer-torah.com/approbations.htm> Rabbinic
Approbations.

                                  Divrei Torah

<http://www.sefer-torah.com/ki-sisa.htm>
<http://www.sefer-torah.com/hachnasat.html>Hachnasat Sefer Torah --
Givat Nof Harim:
      For Some Mitzvot, It Takes a Kahal.
             By Moshe Burt

Pesach 5764:  An Answer to Disengagement, Dismantlement and
                         Abandonment of Eretz Yisrael and B'nai Yisrael
                                                By Moshe Burt

This will make the ninth successive year, my sixth Pesach in Eretz
Yisrael, and it has become tradition with me to write about the
rendition of Dayenu as quoted from the book "Dear Brothers."   In
each year, Dayenu holds a unique perspective, unlike the perspective
of any previous year.

The theme of Dayenu is ever more timely now, in the days before this
Pesach in Eretz Yisroel.

This year, I will seek to present a connection between Dayenu and
Parsha Tsav of our Shabbos HaGodol.  Last year at this time, we were
heavy with apprehension regarding the prospect of another bombardment
of Scuds, perhaps tipped with biological chemicals or worse.    And
in 5762, our soldiers were receiving their Tzav Shemona to report for
activation for April offensive by the IDF named "Operation Protective
Shield."

And the Parshiyot on Shabbos HaGadol and on the Shabbos immediately
after Pesach are Tzav and Shemini respectively.   And this year, we
are speaking of the Tzav Shemona of the B'nai Yisrael -- the Jewish
people.    This is a call for preparation to contest against evil
leaders who seek to rid Jews from their homes, first in Gush Katif,
then in parts of Yehuda and Shomron, eventually throughout Eretz
Yisrael.

They've ticked me off one time too many and too close to home and as
that line goes from the movie "Network"; "I'm mad as H..., and I'm
not gonna take it more."

Shabak did a sting this past Monday.   They decided to take down the
Kahane websites.       And so, they broke into offices and homes
seizing documents and equipment and arresting 6 individuals including
one very dear friend of mine.   This friend has been an incredible
help to me with his Chessed regarding my
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>Sefer Torah project, as he's undoubtedly
been to many other people throughout Israel.

Happily, my friend was released intact on Monday evening, undoubtedly
after a day of mental torture and abuse.   And we don't yet have
handle on whether my friends story ends here or whether it's only the
beginning.

And so, you can always tell when the latest Israeli dictator is near
to an evil decree.   He and Shabak try to cut off the flow of
information, ideas and truth.  It reads as predictably as the
segments in the old American TV serial, "Dallas."

This time, we are staring at the prospect of the leaders of
MedinatYisrael attempting to relinquish possession of Gaza,
biblically part of the land of Israel.

Now how do we answer these provocations against Our Land and against
Hashem  by the arrogant, corrupt, graft-ridden, enrichment and
kavod-hungry, Torah-devoid and anti-Torah leaders of Medina
Yisrael?

I've got a possible answer.  It's an answer which doesn't require
laying in the streets, blocking traffic and getting arrested or more,
although the situation may reach the point where such actions are
unavoidable.

But my answer is a peaceful, relatively unobtusive act of Unity
amongst B'nai Yisrael where the end will be a mass of people dancing
and celebrating around a Sefer Torah, leading it to an Aron HaKodesh
in a location in Gaza.   By providing a location in Gaza with a Sefer
Torah, we will make that location Mokomot Torah as we join the
neshamot of those who have read from, kissed and carried the Torah in
it's lifetime with those many yet to do so in a town or neighborhood
in Gaza.   In placing a sefer torah in a Gaza community, we will act
to possess  a part of Eretz Yisrael on levels that catchy political
phrases like annexation can't ever approach.

You say "This can't be!", as if the Bais Yosef in discussing Borer
(sorting), the separation of refuse from food  on Shabbos or Yom Tov
in learning Hichos Shabbos?  You say that Gaza is not part of Eretz
Yisrael.

My friend Menachem Kovacs of Baltimore, in his recent article which
appears in the Torah section of the
<http://www.IsraelNationalNews.com/article.php3?id=3451>Arutz-7
website,  spoke about crucial security issues which mandate Israel's
retention of Gaza (including a US Joint Chiefs of Staff report
claiming ''the Gaza Strip serves as a salient for introduction of
Arab subversion and terrorism and its retention would be to Israel's
military advantage)."   But he also writes that former Ashkenazi
Chief Rabbi Avraham Shapira spoke out that "We are expressing not a
political opinion but the opinion of TorahŠthe Torah says that the
entire Land is ours and we must not give it away, and especially when
it is liable to lead to the loss of life."

Rabbi Shapira further stated "Events have shown all of us that,
Heaven forbid, whoever harms the Land of IsraelŠloses his seat and
his regime."    I will add that we've seen repeatedly that every one
of Israel's Prime Ministers since the mid-1980s has tried to choke
off the truth of the eternal, divine Jewish legacy to any part of The
Land of Israel has ultimately fallen from power.  Check it out --
starting with Shamir and Madrid, the signer the Oslo agreements (even
though maneuvered into it by Peres), Peres who insisted that there
was a non-existent amendment to the PLO Charter and lost to
Netanyahu.   Netanyahu who gave away 80% of Chevron and signed Wye
and didn't even get Pollard free for it.

Barak who ran from South Lebanon with his tail between his legs and
then was prepared to relinquish nearly the entirety of Yesha and Abu
Dis and East Jerusalem too, after crushing Bibi, he got crushed by
Sharon.   So what makes Sharon so arrogant as to think that he won't
suffer the same or worse fate than his predecessors, particularly in
light of his complicity in the corruption of his sons?

Mr. Kovacs continues by stating that "most all of the Biblical
commentators maintain that Gaza is within the boundaries of Shevet
Yehuda in Biblical Eretz Yisrael (see Genesis 15, Joshua 15:47, Kings
15:47 and Judges 1:18) and therefore it also has the Halachic
requirement to be settled (and therefore certainly not abandoned).
Most commentators also require tithes to be taken from the produce
grown in Gaza as is required of all produce grown in the Land of
Israel and this is the practice today."

He states that the great scholar Rabbi Yaakov Emden once answered a
Shayla about whether living in Gaza fulfills the Biblical commandment
to live in the Land of Israel with the clear and emphatic ruling:
"Gaza and its environs are absolutely considered part of the Land of
Israel without a doubt. There is no doubt that it is a Mitzvah to
live there as in any part of the Land of Israel."

Further, Mr. Kovacs writes that, "the first two of our Biblical
Patriarchs, Avraham and Yitzhak, both ... lived in the Gerar area of
Gaza."

Tanach tells us in Yehoshua that the inheritance of Shevet Yehudah
included "...Ashdod, it's towns and villages, Gaza, it's towns and
villages, up to the Wadi of Egypt, with the Great Sea as the
boundry." (Yehoshua Perek 15, posuk 47)   We further learn in Tanach,
in Kings that Shlomo HaMelech "...controlled the entire western side
of the Euphrates, from Tifsach to Gaza..."

And finally, Mr. Kovacs cites that "In the fourth century (hundreds
of years before Islam was founded) Gaza was the primary Jewish port
of Israel for international trade and commerce. One of our oldest
Shuls dates back to that time. Great medieval rabbis such as Rabbi
Yisrael Najara, author of Kah Ribon Olam, the popular Shabbat Zemer,
and renowned Mekubal Rabbi Avraham Azoulai, were rabbanim in Gaza
Jewish communities.

Gush Katif today continues our Torah tradition as a strong Makom
Torah. There are some 30 synagogues plus  Yeshivat Torat Hachim with
200 students, the Hesder Yeshiva with 150 students, the Mechina in
Atzmona with 200 students, Yeshivot in Netzarim and Kfar Darom, 6
Kollelim, a Medrasha for girls in Neve Dekalim and more."

Hashem-willing, I hope to participate in a community tiyul,  my first
trip to Gaza, during Chol HaMo'ed Pesach.  I have spoken to Rav Yigal
Kaminetsky, the Chief Rabbi of Gaza, who will be getting back to me
with pratim (information) regarding prospective needy communities.
IY'H, that I'll merit to be able to meet Rav Kaminetsky during my
trip to Gaza.

My work is cut out;  to find a Sefer Torah to place in Gaza.  But,
I've gotten some positive responses resulting from the publicity for
the recent <http://www.sefer-torah.com/givatnofharim.html>Hachnasat
Sefer Torah party in Givat Nof Harim in Yishuv Eli (Arrow down to the
Hachnasat Sefer Torah section of page and click on the picture for
more pictures).   The big question is, will donors, both of Sifrei
Torah and funds come through and make this happen?

  This theme of Dayenu is as timely now for all Jews here and in the
US as it was in the first year that I emailed it out or, for that
matter,  as it was when it was quoted in Segal's compilation of the
book in its copyright year 1988.

       Dayenu!!!

My Introduction;

In the Book "Dear Brothers", the story is told how Pesach 5738 (1968)
was approaching when the first group of Pioneers endeavored to
establish themselves in Chevron.  Among this hearty group were Rabbis
Haim Druckman, Eliezer Waldman, Moshe Levinger, Shlomo Aviner and
others.

We pick up the story as the participants,  "Sixty people sat down to
that historical first Seder..." in Chevron.

"Another participant was the author Moshe Shamir, formerly affiliated
with the leftist Hashomer Hatzair(the Young Guard).  As he did with
each of the celebrants during the Seder, Rabbi Druckman asked Shamir
to make some comments appropriate to the festival.  The others braced
themselves for the minor unpleasantness that was sure to result..."

But at every Seder since then; other guests have repeated the Drosh
that Moshe Shamir delivered that first Passover Seder in Chevron and
so I try to give it over each year to my friends and relatives on
Pesach via the Internet(MB).

"The fourteen verses in the song Dayenu (It would have sufficed) have
drawn the attention of the commentators throughout the ages.  Why
should we imply that we could forgo even one of the gifts given to us
by Hashem three thousand years ago?  How would we have gotten along
at all without every one of them?  The truth is that this part of the
Haggadah has only one aim: to teach us how each and every generation
of Jews tends to settle for the achievements of the past, to settle
for what its forefathers  had accomplished -- and to rest on its
laurels,  with no aspiration for anything  not achieved thus far.
We, too, right here have that same tendency to say Dayenu -- 'It
would have sufficed for us.'  The State of Israel?  Dayenu.  Unified
Jerusalem and liberated Hebron ?  Dayenu.   Wasn't it just last year
at the Seder that we said, 'If Hashem had given us Israel but had not
given us Jerusalem and Hebron -- dayenu?  That's why we've got to
know that we'll be facing many more 'dayenus' until we reach full
redemption."

The book recounts that Rabbi Druckman stood up and  kissed Shamir's forehead.

The commentary in the Artscroll Pesach Haggadah speaks about Dayenu
in this way;"...The bondage of our forefathers was two-fold --
physical and spiritual -- and so was their redemption.  The physical
bondage came to an end on Pesach night, but the spiritual redemption
reached it's climax only with the building of the Temple and Hashem's
self-revelation in his sanctuary."

"Every step on the road to this ultimate goal was a further act of
Divine kindness to us, a further revelation of Hashem's majesty.
That's why we give thanks for each ...favor (my word; kindness)
bestowed upon us.  For every single step, we say Dayenu -- it would
have sufficed by itself to give our thanks (attributed to Malbim)."

This does not mean that any one step would have sufficed by itself to
bring us to our goal.  It does mean, however, that each of the
happenings of Yetziyat Mitzrayim, Giving of Torah at Har Sinai, the
travels through Bamidbar, entry of the Jewish People into Eretz
Yisrael through to the building of the Beit HaMikdash "represented a
new remarkable miracle -- ...that Hashem need not have performed
these miracles if he had not seen a particular purpose for each.

So, too, in our time the road continues for B'nai Yisrael. Israel's
successful bombing of the Iraqi Nuclear Reactor, Gulf War 1, The 3
1/2 years of the "Oslo" War, 9/11,the continuing US War with Iraq and
the Roadmap/Seperation wall machinations of the current government of
Israel ...  -- The physical road.    And the spiritual road to
Jewish self-esteem??   It is travelled by striving for the perceived
"unachievable."

We tend to function, each in our own domain.  We operate out of
expediency -- in Davening, at the place of business, dealing with our
families.  We, in our autos, speed past our brother who has his
finger out.  We see our brother running to catch a bus and don't make
an effort, on his behalf, to get the driver to wait that extra
second.   Instead we give our brother a blank countenance.  We are
not totally forthcoming and truthful with our brother concerning the
facts of a business or banking transaction often putting "obstacles
in the way of the blind" as we grub for that last shekel at the other
guy's expense.  We give and take bribes, at all levels, if it'll
increase our personal infuence, our place in history or our position
on "the bottom line."  And we are totally blase about OUR Land --
Eretz Yisrael.  And each group has an agenda working against every
other group.

And so the old adage that a Government is but a mirror image of the
people it leads.  I hold that the purity and freshness our
performance of Mitzvot and our Unity is directly related to Dayenu.

When we strive to perfect our Mitzvot, when we, individually and as
Hakahal (as the Jewish people),  reach beyond perception of self and
of the attainable, when we don't suffice with the "status quo,  we
will merit  to reach the Ge'ula Shlaima.

With Pesach upon us, we ponder how, after 2,000 years of
persecutions; pogroms, inquisitions, holocaust, 6 Middle East Wars
and numerous corrupt governments, the Jewish people have done the
impossible, the improbable; we've survived.   In light of that,
successfully possessing Eretz Yisrael on numerous levels, including
placing a Sefer Torah in a location in Gaza, is not so impossible or
daunting.  It just takes a collective Tzav Shemoneh, to bring about
achievement of unity within B'nai Yisrael, for actively possessing
Eretz Yisrael and reaching beyond one's perception of self.

If our tefillah is real, genuine and if, when we leave the Beit
Midrash, we treat our brother as we would want to be treated
ourselves and if we reach beyond ourselves, beyond the so-called
"reality" and reach for the fulfillment of higher goals, the
achievement of the perceived "unachievable"; if we finally recognize
that the Emet of the Unity of B'nai Yisrael in Eretz Yisrael
overrides the various agendas, then Kol Goyim are as nothing.
Instead of an attitude of "my place in history and to heck with you
because I'm better, more Israeli, more frum, etc. than you;" when All
Jews, Ashkanazim and S'fardim, Misnagdim and Chassidim, Chareidim,
Datim and Chilonim, Native-Born Israeli Jews, Olim Chadashim and Jews
of Chutz L'Aretz truly love each other as blood-brothers, as one as
in seeing "his success as mine, as ours", "his blood as mine, as
ours";  only then will we reach the destination of the spiritual
road, the Moshiach and the Ge'ula Shlaima, bim hay v'yameinu --
speedily, in our time", like Achshav, Chik Chukm Meiyad, Etmal!!! --
no more Dayenu.

Have a Chag Kosher V'Sameach!!!

Another Innovation from  The Sefer Torah  Recycling .Network;
                  <http://www.sefer-torah.com/SimchaVort.htm>SimchaVort

Do you need help in developing a word of Torah for your Simcha?

If so, SimchaVort can help.  Kindly send an email to
<mosheb at sefer-torah.com> telling me what the Simcha is, who it's for
and what Parsha it's in.  In exchange for  your kind donation to The
Sefer Torah Recycling Network, I'll be glad to help with ideas.  For
an example, please click on SimchaVort. .

Spotlight on two locations slated to receive Sifrei Torah (with your help! ) ;

Homesh, in the Shomron (Sameria) region of Eretz Yisrael amd is
located amongst a group of communities including Kedumim, Elon Moreh,
Shavei Shomron, Einav, etc. which are in close proximity to the Arab
cities of Shechem, Kalkilya, etc.  The Yishuv has many Russian olim
who have become Ba'al Teshuva in addition to many Dati families who
have moved there in recent years from other locations.  Upon
completion of the restoration of  a Sefer Torah donated by a family
in Baltimore, its placement in Homesh will be fulfillment of a nearly
5 year old promise to Rabbi Yehoshua Schmidt.  I met Rav Schmidt, the
Rav of both Yishuv Shavei Shomron and Yishuv Homesh, while living and
doing Ulpan on Shavei Shomron.

The second Sefer Torah, once funds are raised and the restoration
work is completed, will be placed in a Kehilla of Yishuv Bat Ayin
which is located in Gush Etzion.  It will be the recipient of a Sefer
Torah donated by a student of  the School of Safrus located there.

Just a few words on Bat Ayin.  I visited there recently for the first
time in many years.  The Yishuv has grown 10-fold in the 9 years
since The Sefer Torah Recycling Network placed it's first Sefer Torah
there in 1995.  It was more beautiful then I remember it.  Hopefully,
I will go there for Shabbos in the near future and will have more to
write then.

In order to complete the restorations of these Sifrei Torah for
placement in these two locations, $7,500 remains to be raised.
Please know that your sponsorship donation or purchase of a S'forim
or Judaica products via clicking from the ads on The Sefer Torah
Recycling Network homepage, the About The Sefer Torah Recycling
Network page or the Judaica Page is an act of helping to unify Jewish
neshamot of those who have touched, kissed and lained from these
Sifrei Torah throughout their lives with those yet to touch, kiss and
lain from them during their extended future life.  By donating or
through purchasing via the ads on the site, you are taking positive
action to possess Eretz Yisrael.

In these days where talk abounds about dismantlements, unilateral
withdrawals and the like, and this talk is seen as a display of
weakness discrediting our Divine, eternal legacy of possession of
Eretz Yisrael, your donation insures that needy locations become
Mokomot Torah and under the protection of Shemayim.   Please make
your donations by check or paypal -- NOW!

      Inspiring Sefer Torah Stories from
         Around the World

In the days after the Hachnasat Sefer Torah Party in Givat Nof Harim,
I've had a number of interesting responses including from someone who
told me about a gentleman in Baltimore, Md. who rescued a Sefer Torah
a few years back from a location in the Ukraine.

Below is a Torah story of a 60 year old Sefer Torah rescued after
being buried in a Gestapo body bag in the Ukraine, approximately 40
years ago, together with bones of over 200 Jews.

<http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2001/09/24/bethcols.htm>Some
things just won't stay buried

<http://www.jafi.org.il/arts/2003/oct/1.htm>"I Brought the Torah
Scrolls with Me From Syria!"  - The story of how a Syrian Jew
smuggled Torah Scrolls into Israel.

A Sefer Torah Story from "GUARDIAN OF JERUSALEM" the life and times
of Rabbi Yosef Chaim Sonnenfeld is entitled
<http://www.innernet.org.il/archives/guardian.htm>"Solving The
Crime."  Click on the link and arrow down to the story.

<http://scheinerman.net/judaism/stories/justice.html>"Purchasing
Justice"  - between rich and poor, by Rabbi Scheinerman.  A  lesson
for all of B'nai Yisrael.

                                Sifrei Torah in Iraq

In surfing the net looking for pertinent sites related to Sifrei
Torah, I stumbled upon this site, which has apparently been inactive
since fall, 2002.  It is called<http://www.dangoor.com/scribe.html>
"The SCRIBE" .  You can view the site and it's interesting stories by
clicking on the title.

                                  More Sefer Torah Stories

I feel that this inspiring story written by Rabbi Paysach J. Krohn
which appears on the Jewish World Review website bears repeating.  It
is entitled <http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0403/sole.html>
"Healing a trampled sole".

But Rabbi Krohn's story is not the only such Holacaust Sefer
Torah/Shoe story.  The Amcha (Israel Center for Holacaust Survivers)
site features another such story,
<http://www.amcha.org/Survivors_Stories.html> "My Shoes", by Rachel.
Click on the link and arrow down to the story.

Did you know that you can now help in five ways to assist in
locating donors of Sifrei Torah and raising funds to accomplish our
mission?

1/ Talk to your friends, relatives and acquaintances about The Sefer
Torah Recycling Network and about the many needy communities in Eretz
Yisrael who do not possess their own Sifrei Torah.   Many Shuls have
aging Congregations and Sifrei Torah in their Aron HaKodesh laying
idle, not being lained from.   Many active Shuls have excess Sifrei
Torah which are not in use due to restoration work needed or because
the Shul has newer Sifrei Torah.   These S'forim, if in Kosher or
restorable condition, are desperately needed by communities in
EretzYisrael who do not have the financial resources to acquire new
Sifrei Torah and would greatly appreciate the donation of a used
Sefer Torah.

2/ Donors in the US, please make tax deductible donation checks out
to "Congregation Ahavas Torah Tzedakah Fund", with a note on both the
Memo line of the check and on the envelope "Mark Burt & Sefer Torah
Recycling Network" and mail to "Congregation Ahavas Torah Tzedakah
Fund", 1425 Rhawn Street, Philadelphia, Pa. 19111.  Be sure to
include your address.  Upon request, a  tax-deductible receipt for
your donation will be mailed to you.

>>>NEW<<<
Donors in Canada, please make your tax deductible checks out to
"JBRASS" (BN#864426911RR0001) and mail to; "The Sefer Torah Recycling
Network", 46 Meadowbrook Road, Apt. 6, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6B
2S6.  Please mark on the envelope (and if possible attach a stick'em
memo to the check) saying "Mark Burt & Sefer Torah Recycling
Network."   Upon receipt, a tax-deductible receipt for your donation
will be mailed to you.

3/ Donors can participate in a

4/ Donors can make an Online donation via<https://www.paypal.com>
paypal.  Simply copy the email address; <mosheb at sefer-torah.com>,
then click on the <https://www.paypal.com/>paypal link,  and paste
the copied email address
  onto the block called "Recipient's email".

5/ The Sefer Torah Network  currently has affiliations with
<http://www.artscroll.com/linker/sefertorahnetwork/home>Artscroll and
<http://www.soncino.com/search.asp?REFERER=SeferTorahNetwork>Soncino
publishers, <http://www.cdtorah.com/index.jsp?ref=32&a=0>CDTorah.com
and
<http://www.ahuva.com/store/search.asp?REFERER=SeferTorahNetwork>Ahuva
Judaica whereby subscribers to the Sefer Torah Network News list as
well as surfers to the  <http://www.sefer-torah.com>The Sefer Torah
Recycling Network  website can now help finance the project's mission
simply by purchasing S'forim, Torah lecture CDs or Judaica from these
publishers and Judaica Suppliers.  All it takes is clicking on any of
the above links or the links on the website.

The Sefer Torah Network continues to seek affiliations with other
Judaica publishers as well as with other online Judaica merchants in
order to generate funds toward defraying project costs.

Please give your Support, Financial Donations/ Donations of
Used Sifrei Torah.     Make Needy Locations throughout
Israel Mokomot Torah

Other Locations in need of their own Sifrei Torah;

I want to relate to you the contents of emails which have been
received  describing some of the newest needy locations.

Among the new locations writing of their need for a Sefer Torah are
Tzur Hadassah -- only a short distance from Ramat Beit Shemesh.
They lack an Ashkenaz Sefer Torah.  It is a Yishuv of 2,000 people.
It is popiulated mostly by Secular/Traditional, but has a small, but
growing religious population.  They have S'fardi, joint
Ashkenazi-S'fardi  and Ashkenaz Minyanim.

The Ashkenaz Minyan which is in need of a Sefer Torah a mix of Olim
(incl US, Australia, UK, Swiss, Belgian, France) as well as veteran
Israeli, all leaning towards Dati Leumi.

In Betar,  the Main Beit Knesset is lacking two Sifrei Torah.  There
are two other Batei Knesset  which need one each.

Beitar's Main Beit Knesset's Sefardi Minyan, is a combination of
North African, Syrian, Yerushalmi, Bavli & European S'fardim.

The other two Betar Batei Knesset are Ashkenazi/Hassidi with a varied
mixture of men from all over the world.

In Yishuv Meitzad, the home of the Goldstein family who founded the
Diaspora Yeshiva in the Old City, in Jerusalem, an AshkenazSefer
Torah is needed.

In Ramat Beit Shemesh "Aleph", Beit Knesset Kehillat Beis Tefillah
which currently davens in an enclosed area in back of the building
next to my building, but who recently broke ground for building a
Beit Knesset, needs it's own Sefer Torah as the two S'forim in their
Aron HaKodesh are both on loan.

Also in Ramat Beit Shemesh "Aleph", Kehillah Ahavat B'Simcha, a
Carlebach Minyan is in need of a Sefer Torah.

In Jerusalem, Yeshiva Machon Meir is in need of an Ashkenaz Sefer Torah.

These are just a few of the many locations all over Israel in need
their own Sifrei Torah.  To view more such locations, please view The
Sefer Torah website.

As one lover of Eretz Yisrael to another, I'm sure that you share my
wish that every location in Eretz Yisrael, regardless of economic
means, be Mokomot Torah (a place of Torah).   And imagine the level
of Kedusha when all of the neshamot who have lained from, touched and
kissed a Sefer Torah in the past, in it's previous home, unite with
all of the neshamot yet to lain from, touch and kiss the Sefer Torah
here in EretzYisroel.

At this time in history, with the advent of the latest Oslo
spin-offs, "Geneva" and the mis-directed "Roadmap" both of which
endanger Israel,  the kedusha of Eretz Yisrael, Jewish Sovereignty
and very survival, we need your help, both by way of donations of
Sifrei Torah and by way of donations of funds in order to fulfill our
mission of placing Sifrei Torah in needy locations throughout Israel,
thus possessing Our Land, IY'H insuring our survival.  We hope to
raise seed funds in order to set up an Amutah or a Non-Profit Company
in Israel, to employ Sofrim to restore Sifrei Torah, to locate donors
of, or economically purchase Sifrei Torah via all medium.   The plan
is also to eventually establish a 501-C3 Non-profit organization in
the US and thus establish The Sefer Torah Recycling Network an
ongoing, serious project.

  Your Support, Financial Donations & Donations of
Sifrei Torah Will Help Needy Locations throughout Israel

Up Close and Personal:

Kehilla Beis Tefillah, Ramat Beit Shemesh;

A link has been added on the links page of the
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>site for a very special Beit Knesset in
Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel; <http://www.beistefillah.org>Kehilla Beis
Tefillah.  Land has been broken, preliminary retaining wall work has
been completed and the Shul is moving ahead with the building of a
new Beit Knesset structure to be completed sometime next year.

Ramat Beit Shemesh is the fastest growing community in Israel and
<http://www.beistefillah.org>Kehilla Beis Tefillah, led by Rav Chaim
Malinowitz, among it's most dynamic Shuls.  Friends, when you make
your pilot trips in the course of your Aliya planning, have your
Aliya date at hand or have arrived and are searching for a wonderful
community and full-service Beit Knesset (Tefillah, Kesher, an
outstanding Rav, daily Night Seder and dynamic Learning Programs,
Avos U'Bonim, Youth Mishmar and American warmth, caring and
closeness), your first stop's gotta be Kehillat Beis Tefillah.
Financial donations toward the <http://www.beistefillah.org>Shul's
building fund are greatly appreciated.   When donating, please tell
them that you read about the Shul here.

<http://www.qksrv.net/click-1346029-1456053> End High Phone Bills &
Get 300 FREE Minutes!  Click and see how!!

<http://download.alexa.com/?p=Dest_W_40_T1>Eliminate annoying pop-ups
with Alexa Toolbar    Click and see how!!

Merchants;
When you signup for PayPal, you can start accepting credit card
payments instantly. As the world's number one online payment service,
PayPal is the fastest way to open your doors to over 31 million
members worldwide. Best of all, it's completely free to sign up! To
sign up or learn more,
<https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=ATZYBT5MUBSA2>click here.
website and clicking on the subscribe button on the homepage or
sending an email to:

Sefer-torah-network-news-request at sefer-torah.com
with subject - "subscribe".

To unsubscribe, user will send an email to:
Sefer-torah-network-news-request at sefer-torah.com
with subject - "unsubscribe".
--
Moshe Burt Founder and Director
<http://www.sefer-torah.com>The Sefer Torah Recycling Network
Rechov Nachal Dolev #34/12
Ramat Beit Shemesh 99000
Israel
02-9996496, 067-305-497
Do a Chessed for Needy communities
in Eretz Yisrael.
Click on; http://www.sefer-torah.com
Please help with your kind donations!
Eliminate annoying pop-ups with Alexa Toolbar
<http://download.alexa.com/?p=Dest_W_40_T1>
Now you can donate on-line, Click on;
https://www.paypal.com, copy & paste
to the email block email address;